Are you looking for best modem for gaming? don’t worry gamersmenu has found a way to help you in this regard. Now lets have a look below for some of the gaming modem and find out which one best suits you.
1. NETGEAR Nighthawk Cable Modem WiFi Router (C7800)
Netgear Nighthawk X4S is having an average 4 star rating at amazon by the around 180 users and it indicates that it has really good some features that are enough to fulfill the desired need as it comes with powerful 1.5GHz processor and active antennas deliver and it also provides the DOCSIS 3.1 technology delivers cutting-edge tech stability which is really an adorable feature of the modem.
It is Modem & router with the speed upto 6Gbps works perfectly with Comcast and Cox.
- Speed up to 3200 Mbps.
- Works fine for upto 3000 sq ft (wireless coverage).
- Connect upto 45 devices at same time.
- Compatible with all major cable internet providers.
- Sometimes support isn’t helping when being contacted
- You can probably get some speed issues at the end which can cause to streaming issues.
2. TP-LINK TC7650 High Speed Cable Modem
TP-LINK TC7650 is having an average 4 star rating at amazon by the round about 365 users. This rating suggests that this product is liked by the people. The dual-core processor of this modem is 1.0 GHz and it has DOCSIS 3.0 technology. The design of this modem is also very classic.
- Installation of this device is straightforward and it hardly takes any time.
- The cost of this device is low and anyone can afford this device.
- Tech Support of TP-LINK is not supportive.
3. ARRIS SB8200
ARRIS SB8200 is having average 4 star rating at amazon by the approximately 2150 users. You can guess the popularity of this product by the rating of it. It is one of those cable modem which has supports of both the DOCSIS 3.1 and DOCSIS 3.0 standards. This modem will provide you best internet for your gaming.
- Maximum download speeds of up to 10Gbps
- Two Gigabit Ethernet Lan ports
- Doesn’t support bundled voice services
4. MOTOROLA MG7700
MOTOROLA MG7700 has rating of 4 stars at amazon given by 455 users. The looks of this modem is very stylish. It can easily handle 12 devices at one time and can successfully control the traffic on your home network to deliver 1 Gbps download speed. The modem has four gigabit-ready LAN ports and dual-band Wi-Fi which exhibits great performance in area of 2,000 square feet. The router of this device has dual-band support.
It can beam wireless signals over two frequencies: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The 2.4GHz band is slower but has a longer range, while the 5GHz band is faster and less prone to interference from other wireless devices. However, this comes at the cost of shorter range.
- Installation of this device is very easy.
- The upload and download speed of this device is very good.
- It might not work in area of more than 2,000 square feet.
5. NETGEAR CM700
On amazon Netgear CM700 is one of the most rated modems. It has rating of 4 stars on amazon given by almost 880 users. If you are game lover then this device is perfect for you because it provides high-speed internet connectivity with maximum data transfer speeds of up to 1.4 Gbps. This modem cum router is suitable with all the systems. This modem is also suitable for all kinds of gaming consoles and because of this this modem becomes a great choice for gamers.
- This modem has data transfer speeds of upto 1.4 Gbps
- This modem is compatible with all kinds of gaming consoles
- The only problem with this modem is that it gets warm after prolonged use.
6. MOTOROLA MG7540
More than 2000 users have given this product 4 stars rating on amazon which indicates this product has good features and is liked by people. This modem has a adorable look. Motorola’s MG7540 is a combination of both modem and a router which helps you saving space and installation time. This product has a built-in AC1600 Wi-Fi Gigabit router and provides download speed of 686 Mbps.
The setup of MG7540 is very quick and easy. You can play any game of your choice online by using an Ethernet connection and can stream videos on your computer using the wireless connection.
- This device has in-built AC1600 dual-band router
- This modem is full band capture digital tuner
- This modem can easily cover more than 2,000 square feet.
- Setup of this modem is very easy and quick.
- This modem is not compatible with Verizon, AT&T, and Centurylink
7. ARRIS SB6170
ARRIS SB6170 is rated among one of the best modems on amazon. This modem has 4 star rating on amazon which is given by 2,795 users. For your home network setup this device is best for you because this device gives you download speed of 1.4 Gbps and upload speed of 262 Mbps.
This device has 32 downstream and 8 upstream channels. Although there is one-gigabit Ethernet port, the actual download speed exists between somewhere around 300 to 400 Mbps and the upload speed is around 262 Mbps.
One major problem with this cable modem is that it uses the Puma 6 chip set from Intel. This chip gets affected by high latency troubles. Due to high latency pages starts to load slow and videos starts to buffer. It can also cause the modem to disconnect.
- This modem can easily handle multiple devices
- This modem is a mid entry level device
- Sometimes faces high latency issues
Selecting a modem depends on the requirements required by the user. On amazon people selects modem on the basis of cost, quality and design. But you should always check the data transfer rate and the number of channels offered while picking up a modem because this can affect your gaming requirements. In these modems shared on our site you can select any modem which meets your requirements.